Seminars and Workshops
From time to time the Department organizes seminars and workshops. Depending on the topic of the seminar and the availability of financial resources, papers are invited at the international, national or regional level. The list of seminars/workshops conducted/organized by the Department in the past is given below.
Seminars/Workshops Conducted/Organized by the Department
- 2011: Research and Writing Workshop in Environmental Economics and Policy was conducted during Aug. 28 - Sept. 1.
- 2010: Five days workshop on "Research Methods in Labour Studies", sponsored by V.V.Giri National Labour institute, NOIDA from 17-21 August in the Old Guest House, NEHU Campus, Shillong.
- 2010: C2C workshop for "Personality Development of Final-year Students", organized by the Department of Economics, NEHU from 3-4 May.
- 2007: A two-days Seminar on "Economic Growth and Human Development in North East India", jointly sponsored by Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India; NEHU, Shillong; ICSSR, New Delhi and ICSSR-NERC, Shillong - held on 24-25 May.
- 2006: A two-days Seminar on "Vision NER 2020" sponsored by North-Eastern Council, Shillong held on 27-28 March.
- 2005: A two-days workshop on "Farmers Rights and Livelihood of North-East Himalayan Farmers", sponsored by Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS), Kolkata during 7-8 July.
- 2004: A one-week workshop on "Quantitative Analysis in Economics" during 8-13 March at Shillong Campus in collaboration with the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- 2002: A two-days National Seminar on "Globalisation, Employment, Migration and Trade: Relevance for the North-Eastern Region of India" during 22-23 November, at Shillong, sponsored by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Kolkata.
- (NA): Five-Days Training Programme in "Environmental Economics for Practising Economists and Non-Economists", sponsored by the World Bank.
- 1995: Three-Days Training Programme for "Paper Writers Whose Papers were earlier Rejected for Publication by the Indian Journal of Agriculture Economics", under the auspices of the Indian Society of Agriculture Economics, Bombay, 2-5 May, 1995.
- 1993: National Training Course on "Integrated Rural Energy Planning (IREP) programme", sponsored by the Rural Energy Division, Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi and the Meghalaya Non-Conventional and Rural Energy Development Agency, Shillong.
- 1987: National Seminar on "Institutional Economics and the Economy of the North-Eastern Region" financed by the UGC, Planning Commission, State Bank of India and the Industrial Development Bank of India.
- 1985: International Conference on "Input-Output and Related Techniques".
- 1984: National Seminar on "Strategies for Development of North-East Region" financed by the Planning Commission, North-Eastern Council and NEHU.
- 1984: A Workshop on "Research Methodology for Social Sciences".
- 1978: National Seminar on "Rural Development in India with Special Reference to North-East" financed by UGC.
- 1976: Seminar on "Tribal Economy of the North-Eastern Region" financed by UGC.