Seminars and Workshops
From time to time the Department organizes seminars and workshops. Depending on the topic of the seminar and the availability of financial resources, papers are invited at the international, national or regional level.
Seminar to be organised in October 2015: Click here for detailsThe list of seminars/workshops conducted/organized by the Department in the past is given below.
Seminars/Workshops Conducted/Organized by the Department
- 2011: Research and Writing Workshop in Environmental Economics and Policy was conducted during Aug. 28 - Sept. 1, 2011.
- 2010: Five days workshop on "Research Methods in Labour Studies", sponsored by V.V.Giri National Labour institute, NOIDA from 17th-21st August 2010 in the Old Guest House, NEHU Campus, Shillong.
- 2010: C2C workshop for "Personality Development of Final-year Students", organized by the Department of Economics, NEHU from 3rd to 4th May 2010.
- 2007: A two-days Seminar on "Economic Growth and Human Development in North East India", jointly sponsored by Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India; NEHU, Shillong; ICSSR, New Delhi and ICSSR-NERC, Shillong - held on 24-25th May, 2007.
- 2006: A two-days Seminar on "Vision NER 2020" sponsored by North-Eastern Council, Shillong held on 27th and 28th March, 2006.
- 2005: A two-days workshop on "Farmers Rights and Livelihood of North-East Himalayan Farmers", sponsored by Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS), Kolkata on 7th-8th July, 2005.
- 2004: A one-week workshop on "Quantitative Analysis in Economics" during March 8th to 13th, 2004 at Shillong Campus in collaboration with the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- 2002: A two-days National Seminar on "Globalisation, Employment, Migration and Trade: Relevance for the North-Eastern Region of India" during November 22nd-23rd 2002 at Shillong, sponsored by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Kolkata.
- (NA): Five-Days Training Programme in "Environmental Economics for Practising Economists and Non-Economists", sponsored by the World Bank.
- 1995: Three-Days Training Programme for "Paper Writers Whose Papers were earlier Rejected for Publication by the Indian Journal of Agriculture Economics", under the auspices of the Indian Society of Agriculture Economics, Bombay from 2nd to 5th May, 1995.
- 1993: National Training Course on "Integrated Rural Energy Planning (IREP) programme", organised in 1993, sponsored by the Rural Energy Division, Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi and the Meghalaya Non-Conventional and Rural Energy Development Agency, Shillong.
- 1987: National Seminar on "Institutional Economics and the Economy of the North-Eastern Region" in 1987; financed by the UGC, Planning Commission, State Bank of India and the Industrial Development Bank of India.
- 1985: International Conference on "Input-Output and Related Techniques" in 1985.
- 1984: National Seminar on "Strategies for Development of North-East Region" in 1984; financed by the Planning Commission, North-Eastern Council and NEHU.
- 1984: A Workshop on "Research Methodology for Social Sciences" in 1984.
- 1978: National Seminar on "Rural Development in India with Special Reference to North-East" in 1978 and financed by UGC.
- 1976: Seminar on "Tribal Economy of the North-Eastern Region" in 1976; financed by UGC.